Terms & Conditions
Griffin Service General Terms and Conditions
- Wherever the terms “Griffin Service” “GS” “us”, “we”or “our” are used herein, reference is made to Griffin Service.
- This Agreement is the entire Agreement between you and us and supersedes any prior oral understandings, written agreements, proposals, or other communications between you and us. No informed or implied work is included. Prices quoted in this proposal do not include sales tax unless otherwise specifically stated. All applicable sales tax shall be payable in addition to the prices quoted herein. If, upon inspection by any local official having jurisdiction, any work not specifically spelled out and included in the proposal scope of work that must be done to meet any specific building code or satisfy any official’s request, will be considered additional work, and will be paid for by you at our normal rates. you retain the right to make any changes or alterations to the scope, but if, in our opinion, such changes substantially affect our scope of work or cost, we shall have the right to make appropriate changes to either the scope or the price of this proposal, or to both. This agreement cannot be transferred or assigned by either party without the prior written consent of the other party.
- Both parties reserve the right to cancel this agreement if it is found to be unbeneficial to either party. Cancellation shall be in writing at least 5 days in advance of the desired cancellation date. You will be responsible to reimburse us on a time and material basis for any and all work rendered to date leading up to and including the cancellation date, including restocking fees, special order items, demobilization, etc. as deemed solely by us. All invoices will be due upon receipt regardless of which party exercises their right to cancel.
- The property owner of the premises is responsible to carry fire, tornado, flood and other necessary insurance. Our workers are fully covered by Workman’s Compensation insurance. During installation we shall take all reasonable precautions within the limitations of the existing conditions to avoid injury to persons and damage to property.
- Our work and services under this agreement exclude anything connected or associated with asbestos or other hazardous materials of any type. We shall not be required to perform any identifications, abatement, cleanup control or removal of asbestos or hazardous material. You represent that, to the best of your knowledge, there is no asbestos or hazardous material in the work site or scope of work. Should we become aware of or suspect the presence of asbestos or hazardous material, we shall have the right to stop work in the affected area immediately and notify you. You will be responsible for doing whatever is necessary to identify and correct the condition in accordance with all applicable statutes and regulations and you agree to assume 100% responsibility for any claims or other costs arising out of or relating to the presence of asbestos or hazardous materials in your building. Disposal of hazardous waste are excluded. Hazardous wastes remain the property and responsibility of you even when removed from equipment or replaced by us as provided by the terms of this Agreement.
- We will not be responsible for any special, indirect, or consequential damages. We will not be responsible for damage, loss, injury, or delay caused by conditions that are beyond the reasonable control, and without intentional misconduct or negligence. Such conditions include but are not limited to 1) acts of god 2) acts of government agencies 5) fire 6) explosions or other casualties 7) thefts 8) vandalism 9) riots or war 10) unavailability of parts, materials, or supplies 11) disputed change orders. We shall not be liable for damage resulting from the use of the equipment specified herein.
- Any existing mechanical or electrical component, either directly or indirectly related, that fails to start or operate properly, or any concealed conditions that result in extra or additional work, as determined solely by us, will be repaired, restored, or replaced for an additional charge on a time and material basis. Warranty calls due to failures caused by in proper environmental conditions affecting equipment or electrical power or fuel fluctuations, lack of proper maintenance, site-related problems, operator error, acts of GOD, abuse or misuse of equipment, or alterations, modifications, or repairs to equipment not performed or provided by us shall be excluded.
- The use of the equipment or services furnished hereunder for its intended purpose shall constitute satisfactory acceptance of our work. This includes use of the mechanical equipment for comfort heating and/or cooling, standby generators for power, etc. by you. All claims must be made within 2-days of the initial start-up date. Payment must be received on time in accordance with the payment terms specified previously in this agreement. Should a payment become delinquent, we may stop furnishing service and/or materials immediately and at our option, cancel this agreement. Payment for unpaid outstanding or rendered services shall be in accordance with the payment terms listed elsewhere in this agreement. Your warranty is only valid if all payment terms are met. Late or delinquent payments result in forfeiture of your warranty. All equipment will remain our property until such time as all sums due us have been paid. It can be removed at our sole discretion in the event of default of payment terms, including equipment will remain our property until such time as all sums due us have been paid. It can be removed at our sole discretion in the event of default of payment terms, including equipment that may have been placed into service already.
- Past due accounts will be subject to a service charge of 1.5% per month, being 18% per annum, or the maximum allowed by law, whichever is greater. In the event that we must commence legal action to recover any amount payable under this agreement, as well as approved or disputed extras to this agreement, you shall pay all our costs, included but not limited to 100% of our attorney fees, court fees, filing fees, foreclosure fees, etc. It is agreed that any legal actions relating to this agreement or the breach thereof by either party shall be commenced within one year from date of work.
- Any potential rebates, tax credits, or other incentives without exception, will not & cannot be applied towards any balances due. Also, programs are subject to change without notice, and we are not an administrator, provider, originator, etc. and are not liable for any rebates or incentives. Eligibility, funding, etc. for each rebate/incentive is subject to qualification, rules, and acceptance by the provider of any incentive. Acceptance of our proposal is not contingent upon qualification or receipt of any rebates or incentives.
- Non-Disparagement. During the course of installation or service and thereafter, client agrees to make no false allegations about Griffin Services, which is intended, or would reasonably be expected, to harm the Griffin Service, its reputation, or which would reasonably be expected to lead to unwanted or unfavorable publicity to the Company, including but not limited to inaccurate negative online review, BBB complaints, social media, public & private forums, etc. It is mutually agreed that if any false disparagement were to occur, it would be difficult to determine actual damages, so it is further agreed that $10,000 liquidated damages is fair and reasonable and should be awarded, and would not act as a penalty.
- Severability. If any part of this agreement /plan is declared unenforceable or invalid, the remainder will continue to be valid and enforceable.
Why Choose Griffin Services?
Same-day Next-day AC repair service
Serving Greater Jacksonville, Saint Johns, Saint Augustine area
Fixed on first visit or we provide loaner units to keep you cool until it’s fixed
Available Weekends, Holidays, and Evenings
24-hour Emergency Service Available for Service Club Members
Service appointments as late as 10:00 pm
Booking confirmation text email with name, picture, and bio of tech
4.98-Star Rated by 560 Customers on Google, Yelp, Home Advisor, and Facebook
Home of the Florida-Rated AC System Summer-Rated AC Tune-Up
We also provide other water treatment solutions such as whole home water softener, water conditioning, water purification system, as well as service existing filtration system. Sometimes, a malfunctioning water filter is the root of your water contamination problem. Our plumber in Jacksonville, FL, and other areas we serve can repair and perform regular maintenance on your water filter to ensure that it’s giving you clean and healthy water year around.
We are dedicated to bringing you the best service through work transparency backed by our Griffin written guarantee.
Schedule Today and We'll Be On Our Way
We are licensed, bonded, experienced, and have lots of positive references and reviews. We feature written, in-person estimates and provide energy-efficient solutions to your heating, cooling, and ventilation issues. You can feel confident that the work we do will be done right the first time, every time - YOU HAVE OUR GUARANTEE! Our customer representatives will be happy to help you anytime.